Some of you will change careers in the world of 9-to-5 jobs while some of you will become entrepreneurs, even if you haven't ever considered going it on your own in your past. Some of you will partner with spouses or friends in starting business, while others will go solo entrepreneur like I'm doing here. For those of you launching a business in the near future, let me give you tips in finding an auspicious date for an official launch whether that's with a home-based business or opening a brick and mortar or office location.
My business has a Virgo Ascendant which sextiles the business Sun in Cancer, trines Pluto in Capricorn. I also like all the planets in 21 degrees (Sacred Geometry) which include, Jupiter, Venus (Leo), Chiron in Pisces and the Sagittarius Moon. Uranus at 20 degrees Aries and Mercury at 17 degrees Gemini also combine with this energy which creates a Kite configuration along with the oppositions such as with the Moon and Mercury.
Look for Grand Trines of any of the elements, but an Earth Grand Trine bodes the best for launching a business, provided you don't drag Pluto into it, unless you're okay with wielding power or creating a business that is based on transforming the world. And look for Saturn or Mars in the 1st, 6th or 10th Houses. While some people would rather have Jupiter in those houses, Saturn builds structure (slowly) that provides a lasting legacy. Jupiter brings expansion, luck, and passion, but a business that launches and grows too quickly can also burn out or end up looking like hot air in retrospect. Think of the trendy restaurant which garners media attention and public acclaim that loses magnetism a few months later when a rival launches another restaurant in a better location. If the rival took the slower Saturn route, this restaurant might not garner a media frenzy or attract trendy foodies, but years later the restaurant continues to attract a loyal following.
However, having Jupiter in the 4th or 11th House bodes well as long as you don't keep trying to expand the place of business through speculation of future returns. Jupiter in the 11th house promises a following and group support.
Here are the highlights of my business launch chart:
- Ascendant in an Earth Sign, Virgo
- Mars, Mercury and Sun in the 10th House
- Neptune falls in the 6th House (on the cusps of the 7th) which bodes well for a business that requires working with intuition and spiritual tools. The Virgo Ascendant opposes Neptune, but this helps ground the Neptune energy, otherwise, the work environment could cause space outs.
- Grand Fire Trine that takes place in the 4th, 8th, and 12th Houses
- (Normally, having planets in the 12th House, in this case Venus conjunct Jupiter suggests that we have little access to the energies of the planets, but since I channel and that's 12th House activity, Venus and Jupiter bodes well for this energy.
- Uranus in the 8th House suggests surprise sources of money and other business resources coming from non-work sources like a patron.
- And the 4th House Moon along with Pallas suggest the growth and expansion of a home-based business. Though I don't want to gamble or take unnecessary risks, this business has the potential to thrive if I nurture it.
On the downside, no planets transit through the 11th House which is the ruling house of astrology and who wants Pluto transiting through their 5th House? But then again, I find it fun transforming old school astrology and taking it into the future. Neptune on the cusps of the 7th House leaves me wary of partnering with others for this business because I might not have clear vision of them or they could pull the wool over my eyes. I could place my trust in the wrong partners. However, the Virgo Ascendant brings the gift of discernment.
I think by now you have the gist of how astrology helps us in choosing auspicious launching dates. I also recommending choosing auspicious dates for signing contracts, creating partnerships, applying for a business license, and for electing board members, etc. Choosing an auspicious date along with putting in the effort and managing resources effectively contribute to the success or failure of a business. However, even if the business fails, learn from mistakes and start over again and hire an astrologer who specializes in mundane or practical astrology.
Looking for auspicious dates for a wedding, business launch, or other major life event? Sign up for a Practical Astrology session with me at Metaphysics 4 Everyday Living.