Quicksilver Dancin' with Mercury

Mercury, Wikipedia
The backward dance with Mercury in Pisces has just about ended and in fact, the closing ceremony happens this weekend.  Expect the smirking trickster planet to have a few more fast ones up his sleeve.  Think of Wiley Coyote or Clever Crow or the African Praying Mantis.  But really these tricks of us putting our feet in our mouths or saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, have more to do with our communication skills than the quicksilver planet.  Still I feel like recapping my own experiences.  And if you have Mercury RX experiences to share, please feel free to leave comments.

My mind felt foggy during the past three weeks, but most of this had to do with a cluster of personal planets plus Neptune in Pisces and not so much to do with Mercury in retrograde.  I don't know about you, but I had a much easier time meditating than when Mercury is direct in fire or air signs.  So I looked forward to my sound healing and meditation sessions.  I danced, listened to music and sang too, but mostly chants.  I have to say that I'm going to miss this deep meditative time and I'm not looking forward to Mercury moving into pushy, fiery Aries--not at all.  Mercury in Pisces offered each of us a time to retreat, rethink, reevaluate, and reinvent ourselves and our lives.  This is a precious gift and I hope you don't take it for granted.  It reminds me of the socks you get for Christmas, which might seem unglamorous at the time, but in retrospect the warm feet you felt all winter long had a nurturing quality.  And every time those socks kept your feet warm, you thought fondly of the person who gave you those socks as a gift.

Besides, deep meditation, I did experience my share of frustrating moments, but also insightful moments.  I accidentally deleted all the blog post images from Whole Music Experience, a blog I launched in 2007 to review and research the healing potential of music.  I didn't know that Google+ and Blogger had such an intimate partnership.  So for the past two weeks I have been re-uploading images onto each post--a painstaking process.  But this allowed me to take a trip down memory lane of reviews of CDs I had already forgotten about (I've reviewed 100s of CDs).  And I was able to clean up some of the formatting problems along the way too.  I still have another two weeks of uploading images to go, but I'm on a roll now and just in time for spring cleaning and sprucing up.

Another thing that happened, was I heard from a person who stole an idea from me for a product.  Well, perhaps stole is a strong word and I need to watch my dramatic language, but this has lead me on a path to demanding compensation. And by demanding compensation I realize how far along I am on my path to self-love and self-honoring because a year ago, I would have just ranted and raved without seeking any compensation.  Mercury RX can also show us how far we've grown spiritually and emotionally.

With Mercury in RX, I returned to photography full force, going through my old boxes and files of photographs and joining photography groups on Google+ where I have met extraordinary photographers and people from around the world who share my passion for freezing time in photographs.  By going over old photographs, I have also come to know myself better and to get reacquainted with my creativity of the visual kind.  I found pastels and watercolor paints in a free box so maybe I'll get back to exploring the world of art too.

Red-tail Hawk, Wikipedia
And it's not that I haven't pursued photography in the past few years because I had, but now Mercury in Pisces has brought me a new sense of confidence and Mars in Aries has given me the drive to see where photography can take me, not as a profession, but as another blissful path.

Needless, to say that I wrote this post to alert those folks fearful of Mercury RX because even this trickster comes bearing gifts.  What gifts did the messenger bring you? Did you see hawks flying along side a road or in a forest or city park? Did you meet up with an old friend, hear from someone you haven't heard from in years, or experienced a profound healing beyond words?

Let me know about your Mercury RX experience and leave comments here.  Happy trails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Capricorn Sense of Humor

Eat, Pray, Astrology (Liz Gilbert's Chart)

Uranus Transits from 1930s to 2019---Radical Change