|Even gods & planets need to rest|
When the planet Mercury gets too far ahead of the transiting Sun (3 times a year), the planet appears to travel backwards, when in fact, it is the earth's rotation that causes this illusion. Mercury isn't actually traveling backwards, even if I see a driver pulling out of a driveway onto a busy street, when I think of this astrological event. If you speak to a fear-based astrologer, they will warn you about all the things that could go wrong with mail getting lost, computers crashing, cars ending up at the mechanics, and miscommunication all around. Those things could happen, but you could also take a mini-vacation for three weeks, meditate more, detach from all drama, get in touch with old friends, edit papers or books, or write a research paper.
When Mercury seemingly goes retrograde, it's actually asking us to backup, go over plans instead of implementing or launching them, make sure the virus protection on the computer is working, to get a check up for your car if you have one and to practice clear communication. And please do not get caught up in cheap drama during the next three weeks, especially not with the debacle or flying circus we call an election in the US. Instead, take time to read favorite books, watch favorite movies, and meet with those friends you haven't seen in a few months or even years.
|Joan Crawford in peril over Mercury RX|
We failed to see the trickster humor and with Mercury, even when it's direct, the joke is always on us. I realize that we have little to laugh about with this upcoming US election, but I will give you a few tips so that you stay calm and centered during the process.
- Do not try to control or manipulate events, situations, or other people
- Detach from whatever outcome happens knowing that you're in Divine hands
- Do not exaggerate circumstances or engage in cheap drama
- Meditate, meditate, meditate
- Watch videos of spiritual authors or read their books
- Watch comedy movies, not thrillers (yeah like thrillers are going to stop you from thinking paranoid thoughts)
- Do not engage in negative or doomsday conversations
- Stop worrying about prophecies since you have no control over them anyways
- Read trickster stories (Native Americans have many) so you can get a handle on Mercury
- Stop watching television news (these days that's equivalent to joining the melodrama club)
- Dance to drums or drum CDs
- Go for a long walk
- Spend less time on social networks unless you have something positive to contribute
Thanks to Astrologer Mark Ortman for inspiring me to write this post on Mercury.